Melamine MDF is a laminated decorative panel. Its surface is coated with a layer of paper, which has been impregnated in melamine resin and dried to a certain degree. During production, melamine MDF is generally faced with several pieces of paper, the quantity of which is determined by the specific applications.
MDF (medium-density fiberboard) is an engineered wood panel constructed from wood fiber or other plant fibers, combined with synthetic resin like urea-formaldehyde resin. Other additives are applicable to improve the panel’s performance. MDF is formed under high temperature and pressure. Its density ranges from 0.50 g/cm3 to 0.88 g/cm3.
With good mechanical and processing performance, medium-density fiberboard can be processed into wooden panels with various thickness and has been extensively applied in furniture, building, and interior decoration. Besides, MDF is a kind of homogeneous porous material, making it an ideal for making speakers, TV shell, and musical instruments. Medium-density fiberboard panel is superior to natural timber due to its low cost, easy processing, and high utilization. So it is widely used as an alternative for natural timber in building boats, automotive, sports equipment, floor, and wall, etc.
1. Melamine faced MDF board features uniform internal structure, appropriate density, stable dimension, and little deformation.
2.Melamine MDF is superior to particle board in terms of static bending strength, internal bond strength, elastic modulus, and screw holding force, etc.
3. Melamine MDF is of smooth surface so secondary processing is convenient. It can be coated with veneer, paint paper, or impregnated paper, or be painted directly.
4. The wide board thickness range of 2.5~35mm allows for wide application.
5. MDF shows good machinability. Its performance in sawing, drilling, tenoning, milling, and sanding is equal or superior to that of timber.
6. Medium-density fiberboard is easy to be carved or milled into furniture parts of various profiles and shapes. The processed parts can be directly painted without banding treatment.
7. In the production process of medium-density fiberboard, some chemicals like waterproofing agent, fire protection agent, and preservative are applicable to produce MDF panels for special purposes.
1. Goods: plain MDF/HDF & melamine MDF board
2. Material: poplar, mainly, mixed with some hardboard
3. Size: 1220*2440mm, 1830*2440mm, 1830*2745mm, 1830*3660mm etc.
4. Thickness: 2-25mm
5. Formaldehyde releasing: E2, E1
6. Density: 2-6mm: 820±20kg/cbm; 8-25mm: 750±20kg/cbm
7. HDF: over 850kg/cbm
8. Colors: over 400 kinds of color available, like solid color, wood grain etc.
9. Face: high gloss, sub gloss, mat, embossed etc.
(for example: MDF, 1220*2440*18mm, material is not washed during processing)
|Item||Unit||Standard value||Testing value|
|Interior bonding strength||Mpa||≥0.55||0.61|
|Surface bending strength||Mpa||≥1.2||1.24|